Install fails on AIP2018 Linux Update7
We see occasionally AIP 2018 Linux installation failure during its process.
There are 2 possibilities of those causes of problem that can be seen in the log like below.
You can open tmp/aipinstall.log with text editor so you can find the error has occurred.
1) Missing packages
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.18.0-193.14.2.el8_2.x86_64 (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/dattobd/0.10.13/build/make.log for more information.
warning: %post(dkms-dattobd-0.10.13-1.el8.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 10
2) Installing on SecureBoot system
Job for systemd-modules-load.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
1) Known issue of AIP-packages-tool.sh itself – may cause problem when AIP Agent ONLY installation. Only Agent installation probably encounters missing required packages.
* RHEL8.x / CentOS8.x – you see problem on these Linux.
2) SecureBoot – may cause driver generation failure.
1) Obtain scripts to make safe installation, from link below. Than try install package before Agent installation.
2) Need to disable SecureBoot function before AIP installation.
– ActiveImage Protector 2018 Update7 Linux