How to restore SLES/openSUSE LVM(UEFI)
The system boot after restoring image in LVM environment on openSUSE or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop (UEFI) fails in GRUB error.
1) Boot up the system in AIPBE (Linux-based boot media)
2) Go to [Utilities] – [Local Mount] in boot environment and mount [/] in LVM.
* In case of SUSE LVM: [/] is mounted in “/mnt/system-root” folder.
3) Mount EFI partition and three directories in terminal.
# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/system-root/boot/efi # mount --bind /dev /mnt/system-root/dev # mount --bind /proc /mnt/system-root/proc # mount --bind /sys /mnt/system-root/sys
4) Change [/] on terminal to “/mnt/system-root”.
# chroot /mnt/system-root
5) Run the following command under chroot.
# grub2-install * If there already exists an entry, "efibootmgr" error will be displayed but please ignore the error. # grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg * Please make sure [Done] is indicated at the end of command execution result, which means recovery process has completed.
6) Boot up the system.
– ActiveImage Protector 2018 Linux