Backup when Configure Shadow Copies setting is changed
After selecting [Configure Shadow Copies] and changing the storage area, execution of a AIP backup task undoes the changes. This is because the settings are configured to create a snapshot in the backup source volume.
Take the following operating procedures to change the settings so that execution of AIP backup task does not undo the changed setting for the storage area.
1) Open aip.ini located in the install path by using a text editor.
2) Add “vss_autoset_shadowstorage=0” in [aipcopy] section and save aip.ini.
3) Change the settings for Windows shadow copy.
4) Run the backup task and make sure that the changed settings for Windows shadow copy are maintained.
– ActiveImage Protector 2018