Backing up BitLocker encrypted device
When backing up Microsoft BitLocker encrypted device, please note the following limitations depending on the backup feature you use.
- Backup using Smart Sector technology is supported.
- BootCheck can be enabled for this backup.
- When restoring this backup file, BitLocker encryption is disabled for the restored device.
* This behavior is caused due to the design of Volume Shadow Copy service in Microsoft Windows.
- Only full-sector backup supports encrypted device.
- BootCheck can be executed for the created backup image, however, encryption fails in error.
- IT Pro supports only full backup and Backup Type setting window is not displayed. When restoring this backup image, BitLocker encryption is enabled for the restored device.
- When using the restored system disk for booting up the system on a different computer instead of the backup source computer, you will be prompted to enter restore key.
* Copy operation has the same limitations. When copying BitLocker encrypted device in boot environment, BitLocker is enabled with the copied device.
– ActiveImage Protector 2022